Programme of Work
If you are submitting a Programme of Work application to the Department of Mines and Petroleum you are required to complete a section on Aboriginal Heritage Management. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have sufficient knowledge of the Aboriginal heritage values within your tenement so that you do not commit an offence under the Act.
To assist you to complete this section of the application, it is recommended that you:
- refer to the Government's Due Diligence Guidelines. The Guidelines assist land users to understand their obligations under the Aboriginal Heritage Act 1972 and inform their risk-management decisions.
- undertake a search for Aboriginal Sites and Other Heritage Places on the Department of Planning, Lands and Heritage (DPLH) records.
If required, when you have referred to the Guidelines and undertaken the search, contact DPLH by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning (08) 6551 8000 to discuss your circumstances.
- Aboriginal Heritage Surveys if you are considering undertaking an Aboriginal heritage survey. Note that, prior to undertaking a survey, it is recommended that you contact DPLH to discuss your circumstances.
- Heritage Information Submission Form to be used to provide information about potential Aboriginal Sites on the parcel of land.
- Landgate, Sales & Product Enquiries for mapping information, digital data, aerial photography, certificates of title and online products.